CCM is pleased to provide initial details on its 2014-15 Concert Series. From J.S. Bach and W.A. Mozart to Leonard Bernstein and Ray Charles, CCM’s student ensembles, faculty artists and guest performers will traverse the breadth and depth of the performing arts in this dynamic series of events.
Encompassing over 50 different concerts, this series begins with a performance by the internationally acclaimed Ariel Quartet with legendary guest artist Menahem Pressler on Sept. 9, 2014, and concludes with a number of performances by CCM’s Preparatory Department running May 1 – 9, 2015.
Other highlights of CCM’s 2014-15 concert series include:
- a performance of Brahms’ Concerto for Violin and Cello featuring the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra’s Timothy Lees and Ilya Finkelshteyn,
- choral concerts celebrating the Shakespearean Quadricentennial,
- a Wind Orchestra tribute to Leonard Bernstein,
- a guest artist recital by renowned German countertenor Andreas Scholl,
- a joint faculty artist recital by CCM’s two Naumburg gold medalists Awadagin Pratt and Soyeon Kate Lee,
- a rare stateside performance by the Cambridge-based Academy of Ancient Music,
- jazz concerts celebrating the music of Ray Charles and Duke Ellington,
- a guest artist recital by renowned pianist Stephen Hough co-presented with the Xavier University Classical Piano Series,
- a CCM Ballet Ensemble production of Stravinsky’s Les Noces,
- and much more!
Several perennial favorites are also returning this season, including the Feast of Carols holiday concert, the Steel Drum Band’s annual performance, the 18th PRISM showcase and the 10th installment of PIANOPALOOZA, which celebrates the piano concerti of Rachmaninoff.
All events listed below take place on the campus of the University of Cincinnati unless otherwise indicated. Please see individual event information for single ticket prices and ordering information.
All event dates and programs are subject to change. Visit ccm.uc.edu or contact the CCM Box Office at 513-556-4183 for the most current event information.
New subscription and flex ticket packages go on sale Monday, Aug. 4, 2014. Single tickets go on sale beginning Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online at ccm.uc.edu/boxoffice.
Subscription and flex ticket packages are available. Please see individual listings for more information.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors. Additional parking is available off-campus at the new U Square complex on Calhoun Street and other neighboring lots.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.