The MM in music history is designed to provide a comprehensive course of study in the history, literature, and philosophy of music and related subject areas. Students are expected to acquire competence in the broad range of endeavors characteristic of music historical research and to develop intellectual breadth and intimate familiarity with the discipline.
To accomplish these goals, students will also need to develop the requisite skills in piano, music theory and two foreign languages. The culminating requirement for the degree is a Master’s thesis.
- Undergraduate degree transcripts
- GRE General Exam
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- A research paper on a subject related to music history
- A personal interview is recommended, and required when applying for an assistantship. Priority for graduate assistantships will be given to applicants interviewing in January or early February. Interviews are held in Cincinnati only.
- All materials must be received at least three weeks prior to the admissions interview.
- International Students: TOEFL