The MM in music theory helps students acquire competence in the broad range of endeavors characteristic of music theory including:
- Conference paper presentations
- Writing and Publishing a Master's Thesis
To accomplish these goals, students will also need to develop the requisite skills in musicianship, languages, etc. Determination of a student's specific responsibilities will be made by a principal adviser, cognate adviser, and director of graduate studies.
- Personal audition and interview in Cincinnati
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate/graduate institution attended
- At least two analytical or theoretical papers should be submitted with the application
- GRE General Exam
- Three letters of recommendation
- 500-word applicant statement
- International students: TOEFL exam
- For scholarship eligibility: 3.0 undergraduate GPA
For specific application requirements, see the CCM Application Handbook on the CCM Admissions page.