Financial Aid and Scholarships
All CCM applicants are automatically considered for a scholarship based solely on their ability demonstrated by their pre-screen/audition/interview performance. Applicants must complete all UC and CCM admissions procedures for awards. Talent-based scholarships are not guaranteed.
Most scholarships are renewable non-refundable one-year awards specifically to cover tuition/instructional fees (cannot be applied towards room, board, etc.). These awards renew for four years (eight consecutive semesters; 10 consecutive semesters for Music Education/Performance double majors) and are subject to the following conditions:
- Maintenance of a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher. Freshmen must satisfy this at the end of their first year and upperclassmen (including transfer students) at the end of every semester.
- The registration and completion of at least 12 graded credit hours each semester
- Satisfactory performance for the faculty through board appearances in the student's area, and evidence of continued progress, development, and ability in that area
- It is also expected that students will demonstrate desirable citizenship in the academic community of CCM, contributing reasonable time and services by ushering three CCM events throughout the academic year
The Cincinnatus Academic Scholarship is open to all qualifying freshman applicants. On average, students receive $2,000 per year in renewable Cincinnatus Scholarship, with a few awards ranging all the way up to full tuition and fees. Each year, roughly one third of students admitted to CCM are awarded a Cincinnatus Scholarship. All application materials must be received by December 1 for Cincinnatus consideration. To obtain more information about the academic scholarship program contact UC's Financial Aid Office or visit the Cincinnatus website.
National Outreach Award
The National Outreach Award scholarship is open to all qualifying freshman applicants from the following states: California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusettes, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin and District of Columbia.
Students who meet the minimum requirements are awarded $6,000 per year in a renewable scholarship. All application materials must be received by December 1 for consideration. To obtain more information about minimum qualifications, visit the National Outreach Award website.
All graduate applicants will be considered for talent and merit-based Graduate Incentive Scholarships. This scholarship is based on the applicant's audition and current GPA of 3.0 or higher. The Graduate Incentive Scholarship amount may range up to full tuition and is usually awarded for two semesters of the academic year on the basis of scholarly achievement and performing ability. Scholarships for summer study are available and awarded separately.
In order to be considered for a scholarship, applicants must be admitted unconditionally and receive positive recommendation from faculty in the major program of study. Scholarships are awarded by the CCM Graduate Admissions and Awards Committee. Applicants will be notified of this award by April 1.
University Graduate Assistantships
University Graduate Assistantships cover full tuition plus a 9-month stipend of $4,416 - $10,746 depending on the level of study and specific assignment. The graduate assistantship also includes payment for the semesterly instructional fee. A personal interview in Cincinnati is generally required for consideration.
Some programs require additional materials and pre-screenings for consideration. Please refer to the specific audition/interview requirements for your desired major.
- Administrative Assistants
- All Orchestral Instruments
- Arts Administration
- Choral Conducting
- Classical Guitar
- Instrumental Techniques (teaching): string, brass, woodwinds
- Jazz Studies
- Music Education (teaching)
- Music History (teaching)
- Musical Theater Accompanying
- Opera Coaching and Accompanying
- Opera Production
- Orchestral Conducting
- Studio Accompanying (vocal and instrumental)
- Theater Design and Production
- Theater Performance
- Theory (teaching)
- Wind Conducting
To be considered for a graduate assistantship, applicants must be admitted unconditionally and receive a specific recommendation for an assignment. Graduate Assistantships are awarded by the CCM Graduate Admissions and Awards Committee. All assistantship decisions will be made by April 1.
Competitions and Fellowships
Certain programs host competitions and fellowships that are open to applicants. See below:
Tuition and Fees
Information about cost of attendance at the University of Cincinnati can be found here:
- UC Tuition and Fees
- Cincinnati Tuition Guarantee Policy
- Ohio Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Residents of Indiana may qualify for either reciprocity or metropolitan rate depending on county of residence
- Residents of Kentucky quality for either reciprocity or metropolitan rate depending on county of residence
- Upon moving to Ohio, veterans and their spouse/dependents are eligible for in-state residency for tuition purposes