The Cincinnati Youth Choir is an educationally based choral ensemble program. Participants learn healthy vocal technique, sight-reading, music history and music theory while experiencing performance excellence using the philosophies and techniques of Carl Orff, Zoltan Kodaly, Jacques Dalcroze and Jerome Brunner.
The learning environment is creative, explorative and fun. The children form lasting relationships with children outside of their community and develop a lifelong appreciation of music.
CYC members have toured Italy, Japan, China, Scandinavia, England, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Canada and the United States.
Founded in 1993, as the Cincinnati Children’s Choir, the organization updated it’s name to the Cincinnati Youth Choir in 2018 to better represent the age range of it's member base.
CYC has recently received wide acclaim by winning the following awards:
- 2018 Chorus America Education and Community Engagement Award
- 2016 Chorus America ASCAP Award for Adventurous Programming
- 2015 American Prize in Choral
Performance for Youth Choirs
- CityBeat’s Best of 2015 & 2017 Reader Picks for Best Local Vocal Arts Group
- Gold Medal Choir, Youth Choirs of Equal Voices, World Choir Games 2012
- Winner of the 2008 Scripps-Corbett Award, Artist Category
For more information, please visit cincinnatichoir.org or call 513-556-0338