Pianists wishing to apply for a studio accompanying assistantship should upload video recordings of live performances you have played within the past three years.
Please contact Professor Griffiths two weeks prior to the submission deadline of December 14, 2021, with the repertoire list you are proposing to submit. If there are any issues with your repertoire, Professor Griffiths will contact you.
All applicants should submit approximately 20 minutes of such performances:Vocal
- Studio Accompanying – include a combination of standard art songs and opera arias
- Instrumental Studio Accompanying – a combination of contrasting, standard instrumental repertoire
- Vocal and Instrumental Studio Accompanying – include 20 – 30 minutes of approved material from both repertoires (approximately half in each area)
In addition, applicants for the studio accompanist assistantship must email Professor Kenneth Griffiths (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
- a professional resume or CV
- a personal statement indicating your interest in collaborating with other musicians.
- and a complete repertoire list (vocal, instrumental, or both)
These recordings will function as both prescreen and audition. No additional audition is required.