CCM Youth Wind Ensemble
In partnership with CCM’s collegiate Wind Studies and Music Education, CCM Prep presents the region’s premier ensemble and musical training program for woodwind, brass and percussion students.
CYWE is led by Kevin Holzman, CCM Director of Wind Studies. Please direct all questions about the ensemble to firstname.lastname@example.org
CCM Youth Wind Ensemble (CYWE) is the premier wind ensemble for students in 9th through 12th grade in the greater Cincinnati area for musicians who play flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, string bass, and percussion. CYWE is a skill-enhancing and enriching experience that supplements students’ experience in their own high school bands.
CYWE ensembles (large and chamber) rehearse once per week on Sunday evenings and time is divided between full rehearsals and smaller group sectionals. Attendance is required at all rehearsals and concerts.
- Suggested Ages: 14-18
- Pre-req: Jr. CYWE or equivalent
- Audition: Required
Fall 2023 Audition Details
Audition dates: Sept. 1-3, 2023
Location: Sept. 1 and Sept. 3 auditions are at CCM; check in at the Atrium in the lobby of CCM's Corbett Center for the Performing Arts. Sept. 2 location is TBD.
Statement of Purpose
The CCM Youth Wind Ensembles are committed to maintaining the highest standards of musical excellence. The Ensembles function to
- Provide members with exclusive educational experiences that prepare them for college and career and contribute to the knowledge, technique and skills necessary for advanced artistic performance
- Provide performance opportunities at CCM’s state-of-the-art facilities that allow for creativity and self-expression and give audiences a means to experience innovative and exciting performances of high-quality, diverse repertoire
- Provide members with a positive, challenging and supportive learning environment with extensive opportunities to demonstrate musical leadership, teamwork and professionalism,
- Provide members with a source of lifelong personal growth via opportunities to assess their skills and strengths, reflect on their achievements and progress, and prioritize their areas for improvement