CCM Junior Youth Wind Ensemble
In partnership with CCM’s collegiate Wind Studies and Music Education, CCM Prep presents the region’s only ensemble and musical training program for middle school aged woodwind, brass and percussion students.
CCM Junior Youth Wind Ensemble (Jr. CYWE) is for students in 6th through 8th grades who play flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, horn, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba and percussion. Students need a minimum of two years’ experience playing their instruments.
Jr. CYWE ensembles are skill-enhancing and enriching experiences that supplement students’ experience in their own school bands and help them reach future goals. Jr. CYWE rehearses once a week. The ensemble performs two full-band concerts with CYWE each year.
- Age group: 10-14
- Pre-requisite: 2+ years of experience playing instrument
- Audition: Required
Please note that registration is for a full academic year commitment
Statement of Purpose
The CCM Youth Wind Ensembles are committed to maintaining the highest standards of musical excellence. The Ensembles function to
- Provide members with exclusive EDUCATIONAL experiences that prepare them for college and career and contribute to the knowledge, technique and skills necessary for advanced artistic performance
- Provide PERFORMANCE opportunities at CCM’s state-of-the-art facilities that allow for creativity and self-expression and give audiences a means to experience innovative and exciting performances of high-quality, diverse repertoire
- Provide members with a positive, challenging and supportive LEARNING ENVIRONMENT with extensive opportunities to demonstrate musical leadership, teamwork and professionalism,
- Provide members with a source of lifelong PERSONAL GROWTH via opportunities to assess their skills and strengths, reflect on their achievements and progress, and prioritize their areas for improvement