At CCM Prep, we believe that music theory — and not instrumental or vocal studies alone — is essential for students to develop into well-rounded musicians. While music theory basics are part of the curricula in some of our courses, a separate program of theory, ear training and composition study:
- Enhances and increases musical understanding
- Complements skills learned in instrumental and vocal lessons
- Helps students can learn new music more quickly as they begin to recognize and anticipate its different elements.
- Is often a requirement for collegiate study
- Is essential to composing and arranging in classical, jazz and many pop genres