Declared “one of this country’s leading conservatories” by the New York Times, CCM offers an exceptional summer choral intensive program lead by the college's world renowned faculty.
The summer 2023 Choral Intensive offers two tracks for particpants — the International Conducting Training Program and the Choral Conducting Workshop. Learn more about the tracks below.
International Conducting Training Program
- Dates: July 8-July 15, 2023
- Tuition: $975 (campus housing and parking are available for an additional fee)
- Auditions: Required
The International Conducting Training Program (ICTP) is a rigorous and competitive opportunity providing advanced conducting training for professionals seeking to gain experience and guidance from CCM’s renowned conducting faculty. ICTP Fellows, accepted by audition only, will receive intensive instruction in score analysis, work with a professional chorus and orchestra, and participate in the CCM Choral Conducting Workshop.
ICTP Conducting Fellows will prepare masterworks for performance during the week-long festival, engaging in all areas of preparation and working one-on-one with the faculty.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two photos: One headshot or still photo and one photo while conducting
- Repertoire list or works performed and studied
- Two letters of references
- Video of rehearsal (15 minutes)
- Video of performances (15-30 minutes). This can be one performance or a selection from several performances.
Choral Conducting Workshop
- Dates: July 9-July 15, 2023
- Tuition: $700 (campus housing and parking are available for an additional fee)
- Audition: Not required
Offering exceptional training in choral pedagogy, literature, and performance, the CCM Choral Conducting Workshop is open to all musicians, and is especially geared toward choral educators, church musicians and others who work with choral groups. Participants will also intersect with participants in CCM’s International Conducting Training Program.
The workshop will be a week-long immersion in new pedagogies and literature with participants receiving daily training in voice pedagogy, choral pedagogy, performance practice and exploring a wide range of historic and modern repertoire.
- July 8: Fellows only – Sessions begin
- July 9: Fellows only – Sessions continue; Workshop participants begin late afternoon session
- July 10: Morning rehearsal and sessions, afternoon split, evening rehearsal
- July 11: Morning rehearsal and sessions, afternoon split, evening rehearsal with orchestra
- July 12: Morning rehearsal and sessions, afternoon split, evening rehearsal with orchestra
- July 13: Morning rehearsal w/ orchestra, Afternoon Dress and evening Choral/Orchestral concert with Fellows
- July 14: Rehearsals, sessions, rehearsals
- July 15: Dress and Combined chorus concert with organ at Christ Church Cathedral
Housing is available for an additional fee for the CCM Summer Choral Intensive. More information will be available soon.
- International Conducting Training Program: Move in on July 7; housing available July 8-15
- Choral Conducting Workshop: Move in on July 8; housing available July 8-15