Music Theory and Musicology Society
The Music Theory and Musicology Society (MTMS) at CCM engages all interested members of the UC community to discuss issues relating to music theory and musicology. The MTMS regularly maintains forums for the purpose of discussing theoretical, historical and cultural topics in music. The MTMS also hosts a biennial conference designed to engage both UC students and students from other institutions in the broad field of music scholarship.
Executive Board 2021-22
- Jacy Pedersen, President
- Katerina Hall, Secretary
- Anne Delfín, Treasurer
- Kabelo Chirwa, Communications Officer
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MTMS hosts its ninth biennial student conference, "New Approaches in Music Theory and Musicology" in March 2022. We will provide additional information later this year.
Past Conference Programs
- "Conversations in Music" (2020)
- "Changing the Filters for Understanding Music" (2018), Keynote speaker: Noriko Manabe
- "Musicians in Context: Composers, Performers, Listeners" (2016), Keynote speakers: Janet Schmalfeldt and Neal Zaslaw
- "Approaches to Analysis and Interpretation" (2014), Keynote speakers: Kofi Agawu and Thomas Forest Kelly
- "Music and Meaning: Views from the Twenty-First Century" (2012), Keynote speakers: J. Peter Burkholder, Richard Cohn and Beverly Diamond
- "Identity and Classification: Discerning Musical Perceptions" (2010), Keynote speakers: Robert Fink and Janna Saslaw
- 2008 Conference, Keynote speakers: Christopher Hasty and Richard Taruskin
- 2007 Conference, Keynote speakers: Mark Evan Bonds and William Rothstein