Below are just a few examples of what makes us special and why students choose CCM Acting:
- World Class Faculty. Learn Acting, Voice Production & Stage and Film Combat from Industry Leaders.
- State of the Art Facilities & Technical support. The CCM physical plant along with its Design & Technical support for films and stage productions rivals most regional theaters in the US.
- BFA Focused. Because we have no accompanying MFA program (nor BA), we are able to offer our students more film and stage time & more roles- our students graduate with more knowledge & experience.
- Ensemble work & imagining individual possibilities is our philosophy & motto!
- Unmatched in the balance between artistry and profession. We enjoy the artist who finds work in the profession!
- Four years of Acting Class. We offer four rather than two or three years of class. Over those four years, we offer an intense yet varied method combining Viewpoints, Suzuki, Stanislavski, Meisner, and Chekhov training.
- Business Skills, Audition techniques, Acting for the Camera and web based programming. To better prepare our students to be Actors of the Future, because of these classes, our students are ahead of the techno-curve, graduating with professional web pages, demo film reels and voice-over demos.
- Performance Opportunities Galore. You may never be as busy as an actor as when you are a student in CCM Acting. Students act in annual 48 Hour-Film Festivals, in student and professional films, in Mainstage and Studio productions, in Staged Readings, and in our annual New Works Festival.
- The national leader in professional affiliations of our students. As recognized by SAG/AFTRA, who use CCM Acting as a model for schools across the country for better preparing students in joining the professional arena of Theater, Television and Film!
- Bi-coastal senior showcases. In New York and Los Angeles, our showcases are attended by hundreds of industry professionals.
- New Works Project. Knowing the challenges for young artists to enter the profession, we offer our New Works Project, where our entire department writes, produces, and performs their own work---our students graduate with experience in producing, collaborating, creating & writing---knowing how to generate their own art. Many of our students have gone on to find success at regional, national and international Fringe Festivals!
- Several Master classes a year. Each year, we host the likes of Anne Bogart, Theater Mitu, The Debate Society, The Mad Ones, Upright Citzens Brigade, and numerous casting directors & talent agents from LA and New York.
CCM Acting is as a comprehensive and rigorous actor-training program that provides students with creative performance opportunities in various media and styles that will prepare actors for careers in theatre, film, television, and the media arts. Graduates of the program are writers, composers, producers, and educators, as well as actors. Our vision is to create an academic and creative environment in which students can learn important skills for the 21st century- research, rehearsal and performance techniques, flexibility, discipline, artistic kindness, and collaboration.
CCM Acting has been ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Acting Programs in the U.S.
A student in CCM Acting is in demand for his or her talents, with students frequently being cast in film and commercial projects while in school. Union membership in AEA and SAG-AFTRA is encouraged.
CCM Acting has a deep commitment to diversity and nondiscrimination. In CCM Acting we imagine the possibilities every day.