Acting – BFA
Applicants must have completed the Common Application to apply to the University of Cincinnati. Choose ACTING as your degree.
Applicants must submit the required pre-screening videos via www.getacceptd.com/CCM by December 1 to be considered for a live audition. Live auditions are in Cincinnati (January 18, February 15), as well as Unified Sites in New York (January 18-19) and Chicago (February 3-4).
- Two Contrasting Monologues: In your Artistic Profile in Acceptd, upload two contrasting monologues from full-length plays in two separate files. Choices may be contemporary or classical in any combination. Please choose roles in your own maturity and emotional range, and from material with which you are familiar and comfortable. The audition must be memorized and uploaded in two separate files with a separate slate for each stating your name, character, play and playwright. Each separate monologue may not exceed two and a half minutes. One video should be shot in close-up (head and shoulders) and the other should show full body.
- Wild Card video: In your Artistic Profile in Acceptd, upload a 60-90 second video sharing ANYTHING you want: A special skill, an interesting story about yourself, a passion speech, an instrument you play, or the answer to the question: “Why do you want to pursue a career in acting?” This will help us learn ‘what makes you unique’ and ‘what do you want us to know about you.’
- Headshot/Resume: Upload your digital headshot and artistic resume.
- Two Contrasting Monologues: Perform two, contrasting monologues, either contemporary or classical in any combination. These may be the same as your pre-screen choices, or they may be new and different. Each monologue should be no longer than 2 and a half minutes each and within your natural age range. Be sure to read the entire play so you can demonstrate an understanding of the character and situation. You may use hand props.
- One Additional Monologue: Have a third monologue in case we ask ‘Do you have another monologue?’
- Headshot/Resume: Bring a resume and headshot to leave at the audition.
Applicants must complete the pre-screening process in order to be invited to audition. You will receive a decision within four weeks of submission. There are a limited number of spaces available for both on- and off-campus auditions, so it is recommended that you pre-screen early to secure the audition date of your choice.